From the M6 motorway, exit at junction 40 (Penrith) and continue westwards along the A66 towards Keswick.
Take the first exit for Keswick and follow signs to town centre. Turn left at first mini-roundabout, follow road as it bears left into Heads Road.
Take the fourth right into The Heads, follow the road round to the right.
You will find Appletrees about 200yds on the right, it is the last property in a row of tall houses.
From Keswick Bus Station. turn right, when the road forks, take the left fork into The Headlands.
Continue along this road which becomes The Heads, Appletrees is the first 4 storey building on the left (approx 5 minutes walk).
Getting to Keswick by Train, Coach or Bus
Why not leave your car behind? Penrith, Carlisle and Kendal are served by fast, frequent Intercity Services from all over the country.
The nearest railway station to Keswick is Penrith, on the West Coast Main Line, a distance of 17 miles. A bus service (X5), taking forty minutes, connects Penrith railway station with Keswick Bus Station. Taxis from Keswick will meet trains at Penrith by prior arrangement. The historic Settle to Carlisle line brings passengers from Yorkshire via the Eden Valley.
National Express Rapide Services from London Victoria to the Lake District take approximately 6 1/2 hours.
- Cumbria County Council Downloadable Bus Timetables
- Trainline – Route planner with prices and availability
- National Rail Enquiries
- Wrights Coaches (Newcastle to Keswick)
- National Express Coaches On-line booking is available
- Stagecoach in Cumbria – Stagecoach bus information from Traveline 0871 200 22 33 Lines open 0700–2000, 7 days a week. All calls charged at National Rate
- Davies Taxis Tel. 017687 72676 to meet you for transport to Keswick